Hummingbirds are absolutely amazing!
- The hummingbird is the only bird on the planet that can fly backwards and upside down as well. They are capable of sustained hovering, staying in one place during flight.
- Hummingbird birds have an incredibly fast metabolism, which means they are always just a few hours away from dying of starvation.
- In one minute Hummingbird inhaled to 250 times, and has a 400 to 500 beats per minute.
- During the day, hummingbirds visit around 2,000 flowers, and can pollinate 27 flowers in one minute!
- Believe it or not there are almost 340 species of hummingbirds.
- Many species make their nests in the tree, and in it are usually two eggs. A hummingbirds egg weights about 0,30 grams. Incubation lasts 12-19 days.
This elderly man made friends with a hummingbird, they have a very close relationship! I can’t even begin to describe how adorable that is! 🙂